10.24.2015

Assignment #3 My thoughts and new findings on ESL Cyber Listening Lab

Q.1 What did you learn from this week's class?

I learn how to pronounce reduce sound and vowel reduction.

Q.2 Did you find the website (ESL Cyber Listening Lab accent reduction and linking) helpful to you? Be as specific as possible.

I find this website very helpful. The following are the linking and the reduction examples

An example of linking : I go to school either by bus or taking MRT train.
                                        I go-to school either by bus-or taking MRT train.

An example of accent reduction:
Steven can run 100 meters in 18 seconds and I have to beat him or I will be teased.
Steven cən run 100 meters in 18 seconds and I haftə beat him ər I will be teased.

Q.3 Are you going to use ESL Cyber Listening Lab to improve your English in the future why or not ?
I would use ESL Cyber Listening Lab to improve my English listening skill in the future because they include the recording of native speakers and the speed as well.  I personally think it very suitable for TOIEC, this is the speed of conversation of TOIEC. If I listen to this very often I won't be afraid of TOIEC conversation section.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the website could help TOEIC preparation.
    About the sentence: I go-to school by bus-and taking MRT train.
    A better way should be:
    I go to school either by bus or by MRT. (parallel)

    ReplyDelete