11.07.2015

Assignment #5 Google Syntax

This week we learn about how to use Google Syntax :

Most of us use Google to search  for assignment, read the news, maybe search the law online, listening to music and use Google Maps  Street View to stoke on the street (haha).

Please try out 5 Google Syntax on the Google Syntax :  you can try semi colon, quotation marks,  domain search, dictionary search and file type search.

1. Site: www.cnn.com "MA Yin Jiou And Xi Jin Pin"this give me 89 300 results this gives me all the reports about their meeting in Singapore today (11/7) or background information about them from CNN.

2. "edu:Japanese" this gives me 19 000 results with domain that is end with edu around the world. either from Texas, Australia or Japan.

3."us: Steve Jobs" this gives me 14 000 results that the source from United States about Steve Jobs.

4. "dead street Chinese" that gives me 2 results about the definition.

5. pdf : Taipei 101 facts that gives me 72 000  pdf files about  Taipei 101 facts.

Q. Have you use Google Syntax before? 
A : No I have not use Google Syntax before. This thing "Google Syntax" really broaden my horizon when Sally introduce this to the class

Q. Do you think it is helpful ? 
A: Yes it is very helpful it help me narrow down my search and it can save a lot of time while searching for my assignment like before I have to search from million of results to find what I need, now I don't to have to do so. 

Q. How do like it ?   
A : I like it so much thanks for introducing this information to me. I rate it ten out of ten which means perfect no shortcomings. I would recommend  this to all my friends and family it is a perfect thing.

1 comment:

  1. Google syntax can help your online search more effective in the future.

    ReplyDelete